On the back of a heavy couple of weeks filled with work, study and learning, I took a step back.
All of the things that I tip my energy into can take a toll on my mental and physical wellbeing. Especially if I don’t give myself space to reflect and recharge.
Taking the time to fill your cup and give yourself some time to recover is a smart way to generate energy. You can then carry that energy into your next project or sprint.
Here are the ways that I show myself some self-care:
- Go for walks
- Watch Netflix (without feeling guilty)
- Spend time with people I care about
- Remove expectations of “needing” to be busy
- Get outside in the fresh air and sun
- Move (training, mobility, etc.)
- Eat well
- Sleep lots.
Sometimes you need to detach. But it is the small things you do daily that accumulate to help you perform at the highest level.
Give yourself the best chance to perform at your best.