Here is the email that was sent out this afternoon by the Virtus team:
|Afternoon Virtus Fam,|
This is a message regarding our approach to the COVID-19 issue that we’re currently facing.
Firstly, I want to say that we are treating this with the seriousness that it deserves. This is an unprecedented problem and we are all unsure of how to best handle the situation.
However, we are also optimistic and not buying into the mass hysteria that seems to be spreading. We’re committed to still providing a service in a safe, welcoming environment. We will do this in a way that prioritises the wellbeing of our staff, clients and the community.
Secondly, I want to mention the responsibility we now have. We are responsible for our actions and the consequences that occur as a result. We have no control over the outcome. Whatever happens next, is a result of our daily actions. We need to be extremely mindful of how we spend our time, where it’s spent and who it is with.
Here is what we are doing:
– VGT & VAD sessions to continue as normal
– Gym Cleaning Protocols have increased to reduce the risk of spread. This will include more frequent and vigorous cleaning of equipment
– Soap and hand sanitiser will be supplied for use before and after training (if we can get our hands on some)
– We will be offering online training programs for you to complete at home, just ask one of our coaches.
Here is what you can do:
– Stay vigilant, practice good hygiene, stay informed.
– If you’re feeling unwell or sick, stay at home, self-quarantine.
– If you are coming into the gym, please book into your sessions via Wodify
– BYO hand sanitiser if you wish
– Look after each other, support and check in on those around you.
– This is an opportunity to fill your cup:
Keep your fluids up
Get some sunshine
Train and move often
– Continue to support local business. The big chains will (probably) survive, but some businesses in our community won’t if we don’t keep showing up.
We will continue to be involved in the conversation around how to best respond and what we should be doing. We will stay updated based on (accurate) information from WHO and health experts.
This is a good resource for further information and updates (click me)
As things continue to change, we will adapt and keep you informed.
If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact any of our coaches and staff.
Remember, the best defence is a robust immune system, which is supported by a healthy lifestyle and a resilient body. This is what we promote and build at Virtus.